At Judson University, we meet the needs of an evolving world without forgetting the people and places that matter most.
Judson’s roots begin with the Northern Theological Seminary, which was founded in 1913 to provide graduate and undergraduate education for aspiring ministers. In 1963, Judson College became an independent institution at its current location in Elgin. It was named for Adoniram Judson, the first American missionary to go overseas, in honor of his commitment to God and his fellow man—one reflected by Judson’s commitment to be “the Church at work in higher education.”
In 2007, its name officially changed to Judson University, and today, Judson continues to find ways to strengthen both its students and the world around them.